Wednesday 25 March 2015

Blog post #3: As I sadly made my way into Chongqing I met with a very nice family who gladly showed me to their home. There house was ugly, little and sad. I wish that I didn’t come on this trip. But luckily this is the last place I will be then I can eat lay on the couch and sleep as much as I want to and I don’t have to eat all of this disgusting food that these people are making me. They had things hanging up on a line outfront. When I walked inside of the house they had wooden benches with a blanket on them. Why would someone put a bench in their house. They showed me how to prepare a dish called  DanDan Noodles. What you need to make DanDan Noodles are preserved vegetables, chili oil, minced pork, and chopped scallions. Then they have sauces and all of it is disgusting. The sauces are really spicy too! I wanted to run away and sit on my couch and eat chocolate with Kale, but since I couldn’t do that I just spit it on all of the food so that no one else had to eat it.
Later that night after the awful disaster that they ate, they did some weird ritual thing where they all said the same thing and put their hands together. It also looked kind of fun so I joined in.
The next morning we went to the market. The wife, Bo showed me around the market and what she buys. I couldn’t understand what they were saying but whatever it was they were saying a lot of it. She bought this really scary looking thing. It looked like it could be a fish but there was no skin on it. What was it supposed to be? It looked really scary. She didn’t get much and I asked her why and she said that they didn’t have a lot money and her husband worked on a rice farm and didn’t make much so they didn’t want to buy too much. Which to me seems very very stupid  because if they want to make more money they should just sell their kids or cookies. Finally it is time for me to go to bed and leave in the morning I don’t know how much more I can take of all this. Everywhere I went I pretty much had to sleep on something very very very very very very very uncomfortable! Can’t wait until I am back into my own house and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment